I got a lot of questions about these cuties. The great part about this cookie, is you could make just about anything with the dough, it doesn't have to be for Christmas - a great cookie to have in your arsenal! This recipe is from my best friends family. They are real pros at making the Santas! But if you google 'roly poly cookie' you should be able to find more info if you need it!
Basically this is what needs to happen:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Food coloring paste in desired colors
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer
- Add in milk and vanilla, mix until combined
- Add in flour slowly until combined.
- Divide the dough up into the amounts you'll need for each color and add paste until you have the desired saturation. I found that starting with the mixer and then kneeding the rest through worked the best.
- Shape your cuties from bottom to top (build up). Press the parts together so it bakes as one cookie.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes.
Shoot me any other questions you have!
Dont forget to check in tomorrow for an awesome giveaway! Plus, its my Birthday!! Woo Hoo!